To celebrate Universal’s 100th Anniversary and the release of Steven Spielberg‘s iconic thriller’ JAWS, available on Blu-Ray August 22, together with Universal Sony, we’re giving you the chance to win:
To score this must have Blu-Ray, just become our Facebook fan here (if you are not already) and fill the form below, and tell us the profession of the character played by Richard Dreyfuss in the film. (Hint The answer is in this post)
*Please include your real name and address
*Winners will be notified via email
*Competition closes Sunday August 26, 2012.
*Competition open for Australian residents only
*Only 1 entry per person will be accepted
*Any duplicate/suspicious entry will be disqualified
*Competition subjected to terms and conditions (see below)
About the film
Directed by Academy Award winner Steven Spielberg, JAWS set the standard for edge-of-your seat suspense quickly becoming a cultural phenomenon and forever changing the movie industry.
When the seaside community of Amity finds itself under attack by a dangerous great white shark, the town’s chief of police (Roy Scheider), a young marine biologist (Richard Dreyfuss) and a grizzled shark hunter (Robert Shaw) embark on a desperate quest to destroy the beast before it strikes again. Featuring an unforgettable score that evokes pure terror, JAWS remains one of the most influential and gripping adventures in motion picture history.
The Jaws restoration began with researching and evaluating the existing film elements to determine the best means to restore the film. Over the course of several months, skilled technicians at Universal Studios Digital Services meticulously balanced colour, removed dirt and scratches, and repaired any damage to the film elements shot by shot and frame by frame. Following the picture restoration, Universal Studios Sound team up-mixed the iconic JAWS soundtrack to DTSHD Master 7.1, optimising the sound on the Blu-ray for the latest home theatre technology. The entire restoration process was conducted in conjunction with Steven Spielberg and Amblin Entertainment’s postproduction team to ensure the integrity of Spielberg’s original vision remained intact.
- The Shark is Still Working: The Impact & Legacy of JAWS: A feature-length documentary featuring never before-seen footage and interviews with cast and crew including Steven Spielberg, Richard Dreyfuss and Roy Scheider
- JAWS: The Restoration: An all-new, in-depth look at the intricate process of restoring the movie
- The Making of JAWS: A two-hour documentary featuring interviews with key cast and crew
- From the Set: An insider’s look at life on the set of JAWS, featuring an interview with Steven Spielberg
- Deleted Scenes & Outtakes
- JAWS Archives: Take a peek inside the JAWS archives, including storyboards, production photos and marketing materials, as well as a special segment on the JAWS phenomenon
- Original Theatrical Trailer
JAWS – available on Blu-Ray August 22
Terms & Conditions
Spotlight Report and Universal Sony take no responsibility for any delay, loss or damage to prizes sent to winners.
2. While all attempts are made to supply prizes at the completion of a competition, no responsibility will be held by Spotlight Report to supply prizes if for unseen circumstances they are not available.
3. Staff of this site and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the competition.
4. You must be at least 15 years of age to enter this competition, or have parents or guardians permission.